Limitless Skies
Hello friend! You'll have tons more fun if you log in!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Limitless Skies
Hello friend! You'll have tons more fun if you log in!
Limitless Skies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Limitless Skies

You are not connected. Please login or register

Halloween Themed Group RP

3 posters

What theme should we do?

Halloween Themed Group  RP Vote_lcap100%Halloween Themed Group  RP Vote_rcap 100% [ 1 ]
Halloween Themed Group  RP Vote_lcap0%Halloween Themed Group  RP Vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
Halloween Themed Group  RP Vote_lcap0%Halloween Themed Group  RP Vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 1

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Halloween Themed Group  RP Empty Halloween Themed Group RP Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:58 pm

thetinbunny

thetinbunny
Admin

Since it's the month of spooks and fright how about we do a "seasonal rp". The rp would last basically until the end of the month or until the next "major holiday". Since Thanksgiving is celebrated at different months in different countries we might not do that one. But for the sake of this Halloween idea it'd likely end around the beginning of December since Christmas would be the next "major holiday".

So with that in mind maybe we should begin discussing locations, monsters, universes, and things that when combined will give us the basis for our seasonal holiday rp.

Zombies, Vampires, and Werewolves are getting pretty cliche but in the spirit of the season I guess we'll let it slide.

Also what ages do we want characters to be? Do we want to go as far as making this a campy horror movie like Scream, Cabin in the Woods, or I know what you did last summer sort of vibe? Basically do we want this to be serious or cheesy as hell? Or a mix? Or we could even go with a Gravity Falls kind of feel? Like kids/young adults solving mysteries in a bizarre town where all sort of anomalies and oddities occur.

Let the Halloween rp discussion commence!

2Halloween Themed Group  RP Empty Re: Halloween Themed Group RP Fri Oct 09, 2015 11:16 pm

Curious-Rabbit

Curious-Rabbit
Admin

We could doooo likeeeee idk monsters have baseless ideas about humans that aren't rooted in truth that are akin to what humans think of monsters? (a lot of misinformation) and thennn the veil between the dimensions drop for unknown reasons and the humans and monsters have to either war with each other, work together to figure out what happened, or just run around scared.
Its sort of a "put aside differences" kinda thing. idk its probably a silly idea

https://limitless-skies.rpg-board.net

3Halloween Themed Group  RP Empty Re: Halloween Themed Group RP Fri Oct 09, 2015 11:30 pm

thetinbunny

thetinbunny
Admin

I got a sort of Halloween Town High vibe from that. Wasn't it like in the one where she was in high school the monster got to see her world? And they were all "omg human stuff!!" and were kind of freaked out and the people thought the monsters were just really good at dressing up. And some evil wizard was the reason behind the Halloween Town like war or whatever that happened in the fourth movie? He wanted wizards to rule the Halloween and human universes? I don't fully remember all those movies tbh because I liked Hocuspocus (sp) better.

Ahh back in the days before Disney got utterly ridiculous rip good Disney channel original movies.

4Halloween Themed Group  RP Empty Re: Halloween Themed Group RP Fri Oct 09, 2015 11:41 pm

laurel-forests

laurel-forests

I freaking loved Cabin in the Woods. The ending in particular was pretty cool.

5Halloween Themed Group  RP Empty Re: Halloween Themed Group RP Fri Oct 09, 2015 11:46 pm

thetinbunny

thetinbunny
Admin

I should feel horrible because I used it as an example without actually seeing the movie. All I know is Jacksepticeye mentioned it when he was playing Until Dawn. So for some reason I think it could be kinda similar to that game? I dunno. I get easily freaked out by scary movies. It doesn't physically show but when I try to sleep I get crazy dreams like being eaten by zombies.

Yet oddly enough I want to see Crimson Peak. I think mainly because Loki is in it AND I think the main girl was the girl who played Alice in Tim Burton's Alice.

6Halloween Themed Group  RP Empty Re: Halloween Themed Group RP Fri Oct 09, 2015 11:59 pm

laurel-forests

laurel-forests

o w o
Basically, these friends (five of them, I think), spend a weekend and camp at one of their relative's old, gross cabin. It's pretty scenic, but it's weird. They have a good time up until they find a hatch that leads down into the basement where a bunch of weird knickknacks are just chillin', waiting to be touched. Each of them touches their own knickknack (ballerina music box thing, a journal, and a bunch of other crap), but to activate one you had to do something with it. And so they're like the scapegoats of a much bigger process that involves sending sacrifices to make sure the gods don't unleash hell on Earth. Basically, the knickknacks awaken their own sort of monster and the kids are supposed to be killed and sacrificed so doomsday doesn't happen. Won't say who lives and who doesn't, but yeah. It was cool.

7Halloween Themed Group  RP Empty Re: Halloween Themed Group RP Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:00 am

laurel-forests

laurel-forests

PS. It wasn't very scary; it was almost satirical and ironic, but there were some jumpscare factors. Nothing too nightmare-ish, though. It's on Netflix if you wanna watch it.

8Halloween Themed Group  RP Empty Re: Halloween Themed Group RP Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:12 am

thetinbunny

thetinbunny
Admin

I don't have Netflix. So there's a slight problem... and I'm not gonna buy the movie at a store.

9Halloween Themed Group  RP Empty Re: Halloween Themed Group RP Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:57 am

laurel-forests

laurel-forests

Hmmm.. Welp, you're definitely missing out!

10Halloween Themed Group  RP Empty Re: Halloween Themed Group RP Sat Oct 10, 2015 4:50 pm

thetinbunny

thetinbunny
Admin

I've gone X amount of years without seeing Titanic and I'm just fine.

But still..trying to figure out a good monster(s), scape goat, location, and age for the characters.

11Halloween Themed Group  RP Empty Re: Halloween Themed Group RP Sat Oct 10, 2015 8:43 pm

Curious-Rabbit

Curious-Rabbit
Admin

Wasn't Cabin in the Woods just an Evil Dead homage?

(If that's the case I'm just gonna rewatch Evil Dead lol although those movies end up becoming rather silly as the series goes on. Especially if you count the musical, that thing is just so ridiculous)

12Halloween Themed Group  RP Empty Re: Halloween Themed Group RP Sat Oct 10, 2015 9:54 pm

laurel-forests

laurel-forests

I'm not sure; you'd have to look that up on Wikipedia, but I'm sure it was. Same sort of theme.

13Halloween Themed Group  RP Empty Re: Halloween Themed Group RP Sat Oct 10, 2015 11:30 pm

thetinbunny

thetinbunny
Admin

Again... never seen Evil Dead either.

I don't watch too many horror movies because I have an over active imagination. Even watching a documentary as a kid about embalming in ancient Egypt gave me nightmares for a week. I swore Anubis was lingering outside of my bedroom door waiting to take my brain out through my nose. To this day I still get creeped out about Egyptian things u w u

I've seen Psycho, 28 Weeks Later, Rob Zombie's version of the Michael Myer's origin story, and some other ones.

I think I watch more comedy horror films like Shaun of the Dead and Zombieland.

Though I do watch a fair amount of Supernatural like shows and horror/mystery. Supernatural being my obsession of recent. I've watched Grimm, Sleepy Hallow (tried it, hated it, felt bad for my dead ancestor who must be rolling in his grave at that dumb show), Criminal Minds, NCIS, Castle, iZombie, Walking Dead, ZNation, and stuff like that.

I just like sleeping so I try avoiding things that look over the top freaky. Yet I still ended up watching Jack play Until Dawn and that game got pretty intense and gory at times ; w ; The deaths in that game were as bad as watching the new fatalities on Mortal Kombat.

Freaking Weindingos... at least Supernatural taught me how to beat those.

14Halloween Themed Group  RP Empty Re: Halloween Themed Group RP Sat Oct 10, 2015 11:53 pm

thetinbunny

thetinbunny
Admin

I know I just posted not long ago but I sort of had an idea for this (with Mandy's help )
So recently I watched a cheesy game called like "who killed teddy so in so" (i forgot the title it's on Jacksepticeye's channel if you wanna watch it). Any who! This girl is starting to hang out with these really cliche party people; the stoner, the bratty bitches, a sleezy man hoe, and other characters are at this party hosted by an up and coming YouTube star. Well mister youtube star ends up murdered in his own house. The picture is sent to everyone with the warning "don't like, don't share, don't retweet". Of course everyone thinks Teddy is pulling a prank and likes, shares, and retweets. This results in other characters being targeted by said killer. After investigating you find out there's this "cult" that's against social media and wants people to "disconnect" so they're "helping" them by murdering them. Any ways.. it gets more insane and there's this app called "murdur" which is being launched the night of said party. The launch consists of either a cult suicide or three girls (people your character knows) being killed. So you have to stop the nut job who made the app to save your friend (or the cult if you want to since it's an option).

We could have something kind similar. There's a party and people begin dying off in odd ways. Like almost monster movie inspired killings. There's no real proof who the killer is so everyone is a suspect. Basically the aim is trying to prove your own innocence or conceal your guilt (if you're the killer and you can't put in your profile or little character blurb that you're the killer). I think to make it fair we'll do a random number generator to see who the killer is? I'd say we pick straws but that might be hard to do online.

Obviously we can work out the kinks if we end up going with this idea.

But yeah...so if anyone else has ideas or ideas for this idea then feel free to share.

15Halloween Themed Group  RP Empty Re: Halloween Themed Group RP Sun Oct 11, 2015 12:09 am

laurel-forests

laurel-forests

I have an idea that's sort of similar. It's based off a game that's in a manga... and so I don't make this really long trying to explain it, I'll copy and paste the important part of the summary:

"There’s a game going around Japan called ‘Rabbit Doubt’. The premise of the game is that all of the players are rabbits in a colony, and one amongst them is randomly chosen to be a wolf that infiltrated the group of rabbits. Every round, the wolf kills off a rabbit, and every round, the group tries to figure out which of the rabbits is actually a wolf in disguise. "

The only problem with these kind of roleplays is what happens to the writers when their character dies?.. I've never really done any roleplay like this, unfortunately, so I don't know what you've all done in the past.

16Halloween Themed Group  RP Empty Re: Halloween Themed Group RP Sun Oct 11, 2015 12:59 am

thetinbunny

thetinbunny
Admin

Why does your story remind me of this

Probably because this is a vocaloid song based on some Japanese games. The whole series of videos and the manga based on this is actually pretty interesting and if done right could make a cool rp. Doesn't necessarily have to be Halloween themed either.

17Halloween Themed Group  RP Empty Re: Halloween Themed Group RP Sun Oct 11, 2015 1:24 am

laurel-forests

laurel-forests

Yeah, all the Japanese stuff can get really freaky really fast. xD
But yeah, that'd be cool.
Honestly, anything that's spooky/creepy/scary/violent sort of fits the Halloween spirit. c:

18Halloween Themed Group  RP Empty Re: Halloween Themed Group RP Mon Oct 12, 2015 7:45 pm

Curious-Rabbit

Curious-Rabbit
Admin

oh mannn i've heard of that manga.

As for how to play an rp where a character dies: I usually go with ghosts or take over a former npc character or just watch what unfolds.

19Halloween Themed Group  RP Empty Re: Halloween Themed Group RP Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:01 pm

thetinbunny

thetinbunny
Admin

I think ghost character could potentially be fun? They can cause all sorts of mischief for the people who are still left. The ghosts can also throw the scent off of the real criminal/murderer. So that could possibly work?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]